Traditions are what Thanksgiving is all about. Source
With Thanksgiving upon us, we scoured the web to come up with a few fun Thanksgiving Traditions we thought would be fun to give a try. Here’s what we came up with:
- Take time for yourself to reflect and meditate before spending time with the family.
- Start the day with an indulgent and relaxing breakfast.
- Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in the morning.
- Make sure to include family recipes in the dinner, and explain the history and significance of the dishes to those who may not know.
- Have a butcher paper tablecloth as part of your spread and have everyone cover it with their thanks.
- Have a Thanksgiving book of thanks and have your guests write their thanks inside each year.
- Stay connected with family members far away by doing a video call during the dinner and/or for the giving thanks portion of the evening.
- Let everyone make a toast at the dinner, even the littles!
- Take a long walk together after dinner and before dessert.
- Have the kids serve dessert.
- Clean up the kitchen and dining room together as a family so no one has to do it all alone.
- Play a game together as a family after all the food is eaten and the kitchen cleaned up.
What are your Thanksgiving day traditions? What traditions have you kept from your own upbringing? What traditions have you started? We hope you have the happiest of Thanksgivings, surrounded by those you love most.