As you are preparing for your NYE festivities, we thought we’d share some fun facts through numbers about New Year’s Eve that were compiled from a study conducted by WalletHub.com.
- About 83 percent of Americans spend less than $200 on NYE celebrations.
- The average cost for a couple to enjoy dinner and a show in New York on NYE is $1,160 or more.
- About 48 percent of Americans plan to celebrate NYE at home, about 20 percent plan to celebrate at a friend’s house and about 22 percent don’t plan to celebrate at all.
- About 30 percent of American fall asleep before midnight on NYE.
- About 20 percent of all charitable donations are made in the final 48 hours of the year.
- About 61 percent of Americans say a prayer on New Year’s Eve.
- The most popular NYE destinations are Orlando, Florida; New York City, New York; and Honolulu, Hawaii.
- More than 100.5 million people will travel at least 30 miles from home for New Year’s.
- More than one million people attend the NYE celebration in Times Square of New York City.
- 175 million people in U.S. watch the ball drop on television; more than one billion worldwide.
- One ton of confetti is dropped in Time Square on NYE.
- There will be 360 million glasses of sparkling wine consumed on NYE.
We hope you have a fabulous New Year’s Eve and a happy and prosperous 2017. Be safe out there!